13 July 2007

Army Leadership Failure


Former soldier Ronald Backhaus of Yorkshire, Ohio, returned from Iraq with sleeping problems and depression he masked with drinking. After he wrecked his car while drunk, Backhaus was institutionalized. "My first sergeant said right in front of me, 'Get rid of him as soon as you can.' They started out-processing and I was out in month," Backhaus said. "I think about it everyday, I wish I was in Iraq. The excitement, thrill, I felt like I was doing good stuff," Backhaus said. Backhaus owes $3,900 collecting 28 percent interest. "Do people with a blown off leg have to pay?" Backhaus asked.
(Ronald Backhouse)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Prev | List | Random | Next
Join
Powered by RingSurf!
iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator Blogwise - blog directory eXTReMe Tracker
http://www.exittraffic.us/Links/addlink.php